Life's Like That

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Me...

Between January 20th and February 14th I have travelled from
1) Bangalore to Kolkata
2) Kolkata to Chennai
3) Chennai to Delhi( meeting his relatives)
4) Delhi to Chandigarh( ditto)
4) Chandigarh to Manali
5) Manali to Chandigarh
6) Chandigarh to Delhi(relatives again)
7) Delhi to Chennai
8) Chennai to Bangalore.
And tomorrow I am off to Goa. For a office offsite. So if you look at it, come Monday I can proudly proclaim to have travelled to the 4 corners of India in the span of little more than a month. I am tired. Of planes, trains, buses, cars....probably the only thing I am not tired of right now is any form of waterborne transportation, but Im sure after this weekend Ill be tired of that as well.
The week afterI got back to Bangalore before I got back to work, I spent all my waking hours with Rahul's mom (she was here for knee treatment). Then I joined work and worked right through the weekend (yes Sunday included), let me not even get started on the weekdays. In between all of this, I have managed to go and buy some furniture for the house, had my father, Rahuls mom, brother and sister in law over for dinner. And followed it up by inviting both Rahuls parents, brother, and sister in law over for dinner last weekend.
I have forgotten what its like to be alone. I have not spent time with myself, for myself in so long, that now Im scared Ive forgotten how. And GOD!! I am SO tired. All I want to do is sleep. Truth be told I dont want to go to Goa. But for various reasons I cant back out now.
I love being married. There is no ambiguity on that. I want to spend as much time as I can with Rahul. We are used to each other by now. Used to the need for space, need for spacing out. I am just so tired of all the other people right now. I love them all dearly, I really do. But right now I want them all a little further away. I want to wake up late, stay in bed, read the 6 odd books that have been lying around unopened for I dont know how long, sleep some more and talk with Rahul. Not about furniture or budgets, or when we have to go to Chennai, or Mom's knee problems. Talk about nothing in particular. Without social obligations, without lists of things to do hanging in the balance, without places to visit, without cell phones ringing.
Sigh. Have to go home now. And pack for Goa. I'll be back. Sometime.

11 Comments:

  • SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 AM  

  • sweet is the word. :)

    By Blogger Ricercar, at 12:27 AM  

  • "I can proudly proclaim to have travelled to the 4 corners of India" ... NOT. Cal is not a corner, Arunachal is. Or Nagaland. Hectic schedule, though.

    Re: "just talking" - keep working on it, child. It just gets tougher as the world crowds in.

    J.A.P.

    By Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock, at 2:18 AM  

  • hahaha...well well...welcome to married life dear!...I completely relate to the "time with myself syndrome"...but dont worry u'll get used to it!

    By Blogger Ekta, at 11:13 PM  

  • Congrats!! Raag korishna je atodin pore bollam. Coz I am still to be out of my post marital blues. I might be shifting to Blore again by next week...

    Will touch base again when I am in the town... U still with Vishnu's PR reincarnation?

    Sayan

    By Blogger cyberoam, at 8:00 AM  

  • beautiful!

    By Blogger Titash Roy, at 2:22 AM  

  • goa is a good place to be by yourself, you know :)

    take an evening off on the beach.

    By Blogger Urban Bourbon Ninja, at 2:19 AM  

  • poor you... i guess the chennai trip happened even after goa... hope you survive dear child... and are back soon to tell the story:)

    By Blogger Deep, at 8:40 AM  

  • @anonymous: im assuming yoour comment refers to the bit about loving being married!? am not so sure about it now.

    @ricercar: oi je bollum..not so sure about it now.

    @JAP: ok ok!!! i didnt intend to get to particular about it. i want the world OUT of my life right now. am getting very snappy, and am afraid of actually snapping at aforementioned world.

    @ekta:i want some time to myself. waaaaaaaaannnnnnhhhhh!!!

    @sayan: thanks.

    @titash roy: beautiful!!?

    @urban bourbon ninja: tried that. was not very successful though. sundry stray dogs wanted to befriend me. then friendly shack owner felt it was his duty to sit with me and tell me about his life and plans :(

    @deep : YES!!!! three full days. i cant travel anymore. i cant i cant!!! *sobbbbb*

    By Blogger Ron, at 6:34 AM  

  • Ron tor number ta de and guess what, I have joined the place where you started...

    By Blogger cyberoam, at 8:59 PM  

  • hahahaha welcome to the club... I SO know what you mean. Plus now 90% of the vacations you take could involve family. Which means you'll need a vacation to recover FROM the vacation!

    By Anonymous S, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home