Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Monday, August 14, 2006
Things I have learnt this week...
- Being promoted to manager means nothing. You do the same shit you were doing earlier plus some more shit is dumped on you 'coz "you are a manager now, its your responsibility". And the pay is not that great either.
- When your boss has a baby, it means a WHOLE lot of extra work for you 'coz he goes on paternity leave. Almost makes you wish that YOU were having a baby so that YOU could be on leave as well.
- I hate office politics. It sucks, specially when Im caught right in the middle of it.
- Clients...GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Lets leave it at that.
- I seem to be a verrrry good cook. I not only follow recipes very well, I am also apparantly capable of creating new recipes which involve minimal labour, yet lead people to think that something as tasty as this must have involved a long complicated process...which means that they look at me with renewed respect and tell me all sorts of nice things.Considering the fact that about 8 months I didnt know how to even peel a potato I think that a remarkable achievement. *smirks*
- Large amounts of whiskey on an empty stomach is not a good idea. Especially if you are me...that doesnt sound right but you know what I mean.
- After a few drinks (on an empty stomach) I am capable of finding Ice Age 2 emotionally draining and capable of bursting into tears and wailing "noone loves me" for almost an hour(Or so Im told by "certain people" who have used this incident to decide rather unfairly that I must not be allowed to drink! Gah!).
- I think I have been watching too many K serials. Because when I was drunk, I apparantly took some time off lamenting my unloved state to discuss how I wished this certain person whom I HAAATTTTTTTTEEE would somehow have an accident and be dependant on me and beg me from his wheelchair for a drink of water, while I would stand just out of his reach and pour the water away in front of this thirst ravaged eyes, and laugh demonically (is there such a word?) at his misery. Very Ekta Kapoor vampish. I think its high time I stopped treating Kyunki like an entertaining comedy and stopped watching the impossible antics of its charecters. Its clearly affecting my brains.
- I also like to use the word asshole a lot when it comes to this person whom i HAAATTTTEEE. According to the boy I called him an asshole about 50 times. According to him the conversation went like this : "Sobbsobbb nooone lovvvvesss meee.Sob. Gulp. XYS is an ASSHOLE. Nobody even cares for me. Howl.Wail. Asshole. A-S-S-H-O-L-E!!"And so on and so forth. Most embarrassing. I do remember all of this vaguely. *Blush*
- The boy can be rather sweet when Im hopelessly drunk and wallowing in self pity (and hatred). I distinctly remember him insisting that I eat chicken and go to sleep. He also patted my head a lot and kept wrapping this really thick blanket around me, which was a little odd considering it was hot and I kept throwing it off. Maybe he was drunk as well. He also offered me everything from a large stuffed puppy(with a rose in its mouth, gift from my sister..kinda cute) to this pillow that I absolutely cannot sleep without, to a book.Sweet isnt he? Can we have a collective "aaaaawwwwwwww" to embarrass him a little more?
- It is advisable to marry within your community to avoid confusion and stress. In case you are marrying outside of your community, it is highly advisable to run away and get married. Inform your parents about your decision, it is likely that they will heave sighs of relief ans encourage you.(I know ours are cursing us for not thinking of this earlier). Or else, insist on a court marriage, DO NOT be as foolish as us and get into a social jogakhichudi wedding situation. Because if you do, you might just discover that the two sets of parents are suddenly incapable of communicating each others points of view, or too overcome with the hassles of being nice to clearly state what needs to be done for a particular function, or completely stressed out by the requirments of another function to think clearly. You will suddenly discover that you need to call your future mother in law and find out what your parents need to gift her son at something called a roka, and exactly what she plans to gift you. It is stressful and embarassing to say the least. Dont do it!!! Learn from my mistakes.
I must go and call her now. Soooooo uncomfortable. What am I supossed to say? "Aunty, what are you giving me at the roka?" Eeeps!! Help!!
Monday, August 07, 2006
I am gonna quit right now. Since I have no hope in hell of matrrying rich man and being a spoilt housewife, I have decided that I am going to tour the country and preach Osho principles to anyone who will listen. Such a nice peaceful thing to do with my life really. Alternatively, I am going to go to the Himalayas and meditate. Will need to carry several layers of warm clothing,and a portable toilet and suffer a little bit in terms of food etc but so be it.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
I have come back
Here we go:
This is my father. As the pose would suggest, he thinks he is hot stuff . In his words, what he wears does not matter, because people are soooo impressed with him and his looks and his personality that they just dont look at his clothes ("loke aamake dekhei mugdho..ki porechi keu dekhe na). Therefore, he refuses to buy new clothes and wears some very atrociously worn out garments. He is very garrulous and VERY HYPER...specially if we have to go anywhere. He is also prone to getting embarassingly sentimental about stuff...right now, one of the things that sets of a senti attack is me!! Bhodrolok will probably either get highly sentimental about this post, or highly outraged...we shall wait and watch.
Mommy!!! Python hugging star of this space. Am not sure why she looks sooo pleased with herself. Shes very unwell these days which is very upsetting :(
My sister. Looking sleepy. Im rather scared of her. Not just her, Im scared of all teenage girls these days. They are so hep, and grown up and... different.
This is Ms. Deeshani Mitra..otherwise known as Titir. She is 8 years old and extremely precocious. She is also an extremely talented budding artist and we are all quite proud of her. She is totally deovoted to my sister..looks at her with awe and admiration, which is very amusing for the rest of us.She is my mamato as well as pistoto cousin...go figure :P Would like to post pics of her parents, but they might kill me so I shall desist.
The brother in law and sister in law to be...Vishal and Navneet. Honeybuns both of them. We get away with soooooo many things just coz they are around. Shes peaceful and calm and he is hyper and excitable. Has a special thing against cockroaches, and goes hunting for them late at night when they are bound to be around. Most amusing. He is determined to wear a Bangali dhuti for the wedding, and all of us are eagerly looking forward to the confusion that will cause. Cant think of them as in laws...very dear friends is more like it.
And finally...camera phone shot of Rahul and me. You can't see it, but he is wearing orange shoes. And you call me weird!!!