Life's Like That

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Photo Blog

I got engaged on September 11...We might forget our wedding anniversary but we shall never ever forget our engagement anniversary. It was a Punjabi ceremony called roka. Which involved a lot of touching of feet, and "jeete raho" and putting ghomta (ghunghat) during the puja. Oh and loads of cash..for me!! I dont have the enthu or the inclination to write a proper post, so I shall just post photographs.

FYI: I haaattttte having my pictures taken. And when Im forced to, I look horrendous...see for yourself



I think this picture can be considered my response to the Bagchi's silly pig tag. I felt silly enough with that thing on my head. It kept slipping off! I tried so hard to be all demure and bride like, but as is obvious I failed miserably.
Oh and I also forgot to touch his relatives feet when I got introduced...there were so many of them I got flustered...most disgraceful.







Rahul says if he sees one more kaju barfi he will go mad.











I agree!! I shall scream and get violent.













My in laws. As you can see, being demure is really not my forte. Cheshire cat like stupid grins..now that I can do.











I think I look relatively better in this picture. I like.

On second thoughts I am sooooooo short. Shit!!










I have been instructed to call Aunty Mom or Mama or Mummy(eeeeek). I cannot. My conversation goes something like this..."Hello Aunty"... glare.. " oops sorry Mama...henh" that henh has got to be the stupidest giggle in the history of stupid giggles.






This is my favourite picture from the roka. My hug phobic momprepared for this moment the entire day..steeled her nerves so to say. And walked resolutely up to Rahuls mom and just got it over and done with. I think Ill frame this one.

13 Comments:

  • Oh and loads of cash..for me!!

    ...cash hogging...already? Women!!
    All the best :)

    By Blogger Rapid I Movement, at 5:30 PM  

  • You look amused in the first picture ..pretty, pretty sari that is and your mom is super duper cute. She looks so incredibly happy :)

    By Blogger Dreamcatcher, at 1:56 AM  

  • wow ..neat pics! congratulations! it did look like the event went swimmingly...sep 11 huh?? shape of things to come???...lol..just kidding..all the best!! and im going to cal for pujo this friday..woohooooooo!!!

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 7:01 PM  

  • This is just the beginning of many things to come heeeeeeeee...........

    By Anonymous rahul, at 10:45 PM  

  • How happy your mom-in-law looks! Even knowing soon you will be her daughter-in-law soon! Such happy optimism. Gladdens the heart it does. ;)

    By Blogger The Marauder's Map, at 12:05 AM  

  • @rapid i movement: How is it my fault if all his relatives gave me the envelopes marked with my name, bearing substantial amounts of cash? How am I to blame for their generosity!? Men!! Always so quick to point fingers. Gah!

    @dc: Oh I was amused throughout the ceremony. Was overcome by the most difficult fit of giggles ever.

    @abhishek: Waaaaaannhh!! I wanna go tooooo. But I believe its raining cats and dogs! Well what to do, its your turn to remember me when hogging on all the yummy foods.

    @rahul: Oh my god!! You mean more feet to touch dont you? And more kaju barfis!!? I TOLD you we should have run away when we had the chance!!

    @bagchi: Im going to ignore you. Really. See...Im ignoring you beautifully.
    (mutters: and this is the gratitude I get for organisnig tickets and dumping my poor fiance and accompanying this girl for a movie. Its a very ungrateful world out there. Tsk)

    By Blogger Ron, at 6:42 AM  

  • Ron you look quite ravishing. So quit cribbing. Congratulations! Your entire family looks so happy. And your Dad (ahem) looks as handsome as ever even in the side profile ;)

    By Blogger M (tread softly upon), at 7:11 AM  

  • Such a lot of prettiness, ooh! Biye kobe jeno?

    By Blogger Rimi, at 3:56 PM  

  • @m : hmm, my father says thank you. *disapproving look*

    @rimi: aar biye. let me recover from this event then we shall talk about biye :)

    By Blogger Ron, at 3:36 AM  

  • Congrats Ron - you guys look good together ...
    p.s. u are quite short! :P

    -venky

    By Blogger Venky, at 7:24 PM  

  • @venky: HOW RUDE!!!!! :D

    PS: I am fat too...fat and short..thats me.

    By Blogger Ron, at 11:16 PM  

  • hey ron..i'm kinda late to wish u but was away n n did not read the blog.COngrats!!! u look wonderful n u both make a great pair..its a remarkable feeling to see ones mom n mom in law get along well isn'it? All the best with the mom, ehh, mummy, aunty part..

    By Anonymous Sonia, at 3:40 PM  

  • You look really nice lady,specially with that slipping embarrassing but beautifull gunghat ����.I hope you will soon learn managing this in your head.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home