Life's Like That

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I promise to be a better person I do

Some people are just so insightful. I mean, here I am, moaning and groaning on a space that is technically mine (even if it open to the whole wide world), about my problems and about how mean people are to me, when all my problems would be solved if I just did the following:

"1. stopped being so full of yourself
2. Talked less and LISTENED more
3. attempted to empathise with others thoughts and perspective
4. started blogging more positives. "


Its that simple. Thank you dear DEAR anonymous for putting me right. Who knew really.

Im suitably ashamed of myself. Therefore from now on I shall endeavour to :

  • Use this space only to ask questions about other people: "Rainbeau hows JUdhdo going?" "Marauder has R stopped watching TV?" "Ekta when do you propose to post again? In this lifetime I hope?", "Anonymous tell me did your mother snatch your pacifier away when you were a baby and leave you emotionally scarred for life?"....and so on and so forth. Would request all of you to kindly take the time to respond to my queries. I promise I shall be listening very closely and not talking at all.
  • Empathise with you completely. Hence when Anonymous here comes back to tell me what a pathetic loser I am, instead of asking him / her to eff off, or even better just ignoring him /her, I shall immediately psychoanalyse myself, and write a long post agreeing with Anonymous. (See Anon dear, Im trying to be a better person already, this post is aaaaall about agreeing with you and thinking from your perspective).
  • Shall immediately start blogging more positive. I shall quit writing posts such as this and this, and this. And start writing about how I saw a butterfly on my windowsill and it made me appreciate this wonderful gift called life. How I wake up and look at the clouds above every morning and feel this amaaaazzziiing connection with God. How I have found the strength in me to forgive the auto drivers of Bangalore.I prrrrrrooomise. I really do.

Im a good girl I am. Now Anonymous daaaahhhling, please please do something for me. Tell me how you find the time and energy to go through people's posts, analyse them, write such well thought out comments, go through the whole word verification thing and publish. All for the sake of setting misguided indiviuals like myself on the right path. Such singleminded devotion to other people's lives is indeed praiseworthy and worth emulating. I think aaaalll of us should try to be a little bit more like Anonymous.

On that note, I shall stop here. Am sure Anonymous will be a regular visitor and will follow my progress as a Better Human Being with great approval.

PS: Thanks all of you who left such sweet comments on the previous post. Things are not too good, but at least Ive stopped letting it bother me. JAPda, and chill-a- bong, rum bhakthi was replaced by vodka bhakthi, and most effective it was too :)

18 Comments:

  • Do u realise, that this was one of the most sarcastic thoughts or moods you were ever in...

    By Blogger cyberoam, at 4:54 AM  

  • @sayan: really!? you dont say!!!

    By Blogger Ron, at 5:05 AM  

  • I am sending a whole bunch of butterflies your way:

    http://music.calarts.edu/~cbaker/files/images/butterflies.jpg

    So you can have nice, life-affirming thoughts and count your blessings and be more positive.

    And yes, to encourage you in this endeavour to be more involved in other people's lives, I will answer the question you put to me: NO.

    I am also needing butterflies I think.

    By Blogger The Marauder's Map, at 5:06 AM  

  • If you found it in your heart to forgive the auto-wallahs of Bangalore, I would presume aliens had abducted you and changed you in fundamental ways. Don't forgive them, not even for the sake of DEAR ANON. Please. I'm begging you.

    By Blogger good morning, midnight, at 12:37 PM  

  • hahah!
    Loved it babe..u hit it right where it hurts most!!
    And abt me posting next..err well..well as and when I feel like..right now..its a non activity post!

    By Blogger Ekta, at 6:55 PM  

  • That reply to comment was again sarcy :)

    By Blogger cyberoam, at 11:11 PM  

  • well, all that could be said has already been said, by those one cannot hope to emulate. Nonetheless, if you are really serious about your new-found resolve, can write long poem about butterflies especially for you. :P

    By Blogger the still dancer, at 2:53 AM  

  • @marauder: sending them right back at you, you poor thing.
    http://music.calarts.edu/~cbaker/files/images/butterflies.jpg

    @gm,m: i think anon's call is stronger. i must change..only then will my life get back on track *determined look* :P

    @ekta: well, i was MAD with life in general. Wrong day to mess with me I guess.

    @sayan: uffffffffffff!!!!!!

    @arka: do please. then we shall psychoanalyse you.

    By Blogger Ron, at 4:16 AM  

  • try the snowflakes. guaranteed to calm. you can also forward them to certain mutual "friends" :-)

    http://snowflakes.lookandfeel.com/

    By Anonymous t, at 5:39 AM  

  • Good for you Ron. Take care.

    By Blogger M (tread softly upon), at 6:58 AM  

  • Ha ga... rahul polada kamon ase.. jotno aatti kortashos.. naki normdomaye phaila dishos...

    By Blogger cyberoam, at 5:03 AM  

  • @t: thank you sweetheart. am much calmer now :D
    not feeling so murderous either...which is a good thing isnt it?

    @m(tread softly upon): thank u M di :)

    @sayan: unless you have something sensible to say to me on this space, im going to ignore you.

    By Blogger Ron, at 5:57 AM  

  • hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!!! anon must really have asked for it...:-)

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 3:51 AM  

  • woaahh!
    Somebody seems to be in a scary mood;-)!
    Well hey...chill...take these things with a pinch of salt!

    By Blogger Anand, at 5:28 PM  

  • @abhishek: he / she asked for it. just coz i usually dont retaliate doesnt mean that i wont ever do so. but am in a much better frame of mind now :D

    @anand: i did. i would never react..this time he/ she pushed me too far. baaaaddd day to irritate i guess.

    By Blogger Ron, at 9:46 PM  

  • Askin abt rahul shd b sensible, toder ki mashik jhogra dibosh cholchhe,,,

    By Blogger cyberoam, at 2:49 AM  

  • do what u want to : keeping ronita happy or keeping anon happy: ur space, ur choice, but the auto drivers in bangalore: they can NEVER be forgiven...

    By Blogger cutting, at 11:17 PM  

  • These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...: Head Shop, Herbal Grinders ,
    Bongs, Glass Pipe. Visit us for more info at: http://www.headshopinternational.com/

    By Blogger Omar Cruz, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home