Life's Like That

Monday, March 06, 2006

The ideal man in 8 simple steps.

Nothing is working in this office. Am very annoyed with stuff, therefore I shall distract myself by responding to Rainbeau Peep's tag.
The rules seem simple enough:
1. The tagged victim has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover.
2. You have to mention the sex of the target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game and leave a comment on their comments saying they've been tagged.
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there's no need to post again.
So 8 points of the perfect man...hmm...tough one. Well here goes, in no particular order...I shall steer clear of the expected ones about honesty and sense of humour...those are a given.
  1. I should be able to have a decent conversation with him. Topics can vary from our respective day at work to George Bush's visit to Vikram Seth to wife swapping (please note: a theoretical discussion on whether he would ever recommend such a thing after say 10 years of marriage and how I would react to it if he did.) to bird flu to gossip about people we know...but I need to be able to talk with him.
  2. He should get along with my friends and family.
  3. He should be able to deal with my moods and my short fuse. Unfortunately I am beginning to believe that this is quite unrealistic, NOONE can cope with my temper and my moody nature :( but since this is the completely unrealistic "ideal man" we are discussing here..what the hell!
  4. He should be a considerate lover.
  5. Should have no hang ups about sharing housework, including cooking.
  6. Should be demonstrative. In that I mean that he shouldnt be the kinds who find it difficult to show their partners they care. One doesnt need flowers or gifts or sappy cards all the time, but an unexpected hug, a heartfelt"I love you" once in a while is nice. Unfortunately Rahul fails miserably in this department : (
  7. Should not get grossed out by somewhat detailed discussions on ..errr...ummmm.....oh what the hell...potty probelms and the like. If one has a tummy upset, one needs to explain the nature of ones(or his for that matter) ailments without the ones partner turning pink and saying "Ron whats wrong with you! Dont be disgusting!". There is nothing disgusting about discussing these problems...everyone has them from time to time!!
  8. Should have absolutely no hang ups about where I go and who I meet and who I speak to(even if its in the middle of the night). Cant deal with possessive men.

Hmmm. So thats that. I now pass on the tag to....... Marauders Map, Ekta, Good Morning Midnight, Seema, Archana, M(Tread Softly Upon and umm...I dont know...umm...Deep(?) and errrr....Soham.

Hah!! Have fun!! *smirks*.

15 Comments:

  • Why? Why? Why?

    After two years of marriage, I don't have any ideas on what my ideal guy should have, only on what he SHOULDN'T.

    By Blogger The Marauder's Map, at 4:51 AM  

  • potty problems? Potty Problems? u get only 8 points to demand of ur ideal man, and one of them is that he should be interested in the colour, texture and frequency of ur potty?! Some peepoolz, wot to tell. :-[

    By Blogger rainbeau_peep, at 8:50 AM  

  • Ohh, you! Now I have to think up what I need in my ideal lover...but I think Metze defines HIM. OK, will try *smirks to herself, thinking up scandalous things*

    By Blogger good morning, midnight, at 10:44 AM  

  • Hey,
    Why me why me!!!...grrrr!
    anywayz hey I sooo agree with you on your last two pts...especially the second last pt!
    Hubby dear is totally adorable in that dept...heheh....potty talk is a perfectly cool topic of conversation!;-)

    By Blogger Ekta, at 5:39 PM  

  • @marauders map: oh keep quiet!! you were dying for this. so just say thank you like a good girl and go ahead and think of 8 points for your ideal man :D

    @rainbeau peep: hush child! you dont know how important it is to be able to tell your partner things like "ive been up all night puking and doing potty and im feeling very ill" and get a sympathetic hug in response instead of "i cant be sympathetic if you insist on being so completely disgusting". or when he is ill and i try to find out exactly how bad the potty situation is, so that i can give him appropriate medication and all he can do is blush and look uncomfortable!! its all about being able to share problems and taking care of each other.

    @gm,m: heh!! have fun!!

    @ekta: enjaaai maadi i say!! and you are a very lucky woman, a husband who is a trained chef AND who does not have any problems with potty talk!! things just dont get better than this.

    By Blogger Ron, at 10:06 PM  

  • Haha! I like that point about potty talk!
    But let's not talk about being moody and blowing fuses! :((((

    By Blogger Rita, at 6:26 AM  

  • lol. Potty talk...dealing with short temper...being not possessive....gosh you really ask a lot Ron. The last point I have trouble with. I mean if my man was not possessive i'd think he just did not care enough. Trust is one thing, believing me is something and not being jealous/ possessive is a diff thing altogether.
    BTW I don't need to be tagged because i already did this. yahoooo!

    By Blogger M (tread softly upon), at 8:45 AM  

  • @rita: i feel potty talk is most important. my family is quite potty oriented when the need arises, we discuss with absolutely no embarrassment at all :P

    @m(tread softly upon): ebawa tomar eta kora hoye geche!? jah!! anyways, yes i am asking for a lot...this is a list for the "ideal" man isnt it? if we are going to start off with such an unrealistic premise then why not? i know noone can deal with my temper, but i am endeavouring to get rahul to at lest say the word potty without blushing and dying...its extremely important. thankfully we have no possessive ness issues...i think not being possessive stems from trusting ones partner, and we trust each other completely:)

    By Blogger Ron, at 9:29 PM  

  • Does rahul fulfil these all?

    By Blogger Dreamcatcher, at 9:35 PM  

  • @dc: *siiiighh*, no man can fulfill these all. rahul comes close, but fails miserably on points number 3, 6 and 7. am trying to get him to say the word potty without blushing and grimacing, but it is a very uphill task :(

    By Blogger Ron, at 10:21 PM  

  • burp!!!!! is all I can say after a hearty meal.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:07 AM  

  • @anonymous: heh! if you are trying to gross me out, its not working.i come from a family that is not only very potty oriented but also given to unashamedly emitting loud bodily noises as well. my grandmother is a champion burper i can tell u :D

    By Blogger Ron, at 7:54 AM  

  • Tag,wht tag? Who tag? I know not any tag.8 things I am looking for in a man? 8 thingsssssssssss. I have no list & still have not found any. Wht u talkin abt 8.HUH!

    By Blogger Seema, at 1:34 AM  

  • did u ever frequent 123india calcutta chatroom

    By Anonymous panzer, at 4:54 AM  

  • @seema: shut up and do it i say!!

    @panzer: huh? no.

    By Blogger Ron, at 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home