Life's Like That

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Update

Right now, I have a striking resemblence to an owl. Not the pretty snowy Hedwig type of owl, mind you, rather the tawny ugly fat barn owl. I have a terrible eye infection and am not allowed to wear to my lenses. Therefore I am forced to wear my spectacles...which because of the antique frame and the thick lenses (what else do you expect when your power is -11?) makes me look like an owl. I cant wear my lenses for 10 days. I am also not allowed to read, watch tv, or use the comp or do anything that would involve straining my eyes. I spent all of yesterday either sleeping or staring at the ceiling, and I cannot bring myself to repeat that again today...hence the brief return to blogging (I really have nothing worthwhile to say).
In other news, Im happy to report that a compromise has been reached regarding our activities during the New Years weekend. We shall indeed go to Coorg, but not live in a tent or some other horrible thing. We shall stay in a nice resort and do adventurous stuff during the day, only to return to the comfort of loos and animal free rooms and the like. New Years eve shall be spent drinking vodka and orange juice, not worrying about leeches and snakes and panthers. We have found a nice and affordable resort too and have done lots of begging and pleading over the phone for a room. The management has finally taken pity on us and agreed to accomodate us.
In yet other news, our great Karnataka government has decided that infrastructure and MNCs leaving the state and the floods and ..oh so many other things..are not as important as rechristening the city. The return to our roots in terms of nomenclature shall miraculously do away with all other evils plaguing the city and help in boosting the average Bangaloreans morale...hold it!! should it be Bangalorean or Bengulurean??? This is a exceptionally nicely written piece which expresses the average Bangalorean's(or Bengulurean's) feelings very well.
My eyes are beginning to hurt a little bit, so I shall now go and look at the walls (as opposed to the ceilings you see). Bye bye.
PS: Death wanted to know about the last dream I had...so here goes. I dreamt I had taken a journalist to this client of mine for a demo on Botox. And the doctor decided that I would be the best candidate on whom to demonstrate the medical powers of Botox (though my client is involved only in the cosmetic aspects). And she forced me into a chair and and strapped me in very tightly so that I couldnt run away and proceeded to inject Botoz into my hands...on the backs of my palms, near the thumbs, while I screamed and wailed and said that I would much rather live with sweaty palms than go through this. After 6 injections, she was getting ready for a second round when I woke up. Thank god.

12 Comments:

  • -11??? get well soon

    By Blogger Sagnik Nandy, at 12:10 AM  

  • Poor tinni.Take care

    By Blogger Seema, at 1:42 AM  

  • Hmmmm! And i thought only my sister with -5 and -7 is partially blind. She'll be glad to know she has company. Please take care of your eyes. Happy to know about your new year plans. Wish you a great holiday!

    By Anonymous bijoyyy, at 2:39 AM  

  • i had a class mate in school with -13!! galloping myopia is what he called it... take care and pls to be having lots of fun at the new year retreat!!

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 2:50 AM  

  • Hope your eyes get well asap.

    By Blogger Dreamcatcher, at 4:05 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger death, at 4:43 AM  

  • Thanks for including me in your posts. Feels good.

    Another year old and growing,
    What hopes will burn,
    The nights of this last december..

    By Blogger death, at 4:43 AM  

  • I'm happy to hear your New Yrs plans have matured into something that suits both parties. I'm sure you'll have a great time.
    Hope your eyes are feeling better. take care.

    By Blogger M (tread softly upon), at 7:13 AM  

  • @sagnik: ess -11 :( and thank you.

    @seema: whats with the tinni?? the name is ron. and thank you aunty.

    @bijoyy: dont make fun of the physically handicapped child!!

    @abhsihek: yes galloping myopia is what it is called..i know it only too well. thank you and hope we will have a great time during new years. what r ur plans?

    @dreamcatcher: thank you. am back at work today...looking like a studious owl and feeling very sorry for myself.

    @death: you are most welcome. and you write so nicely..if only you would be a leeetle bit optimistic and cheerful. lifes not that bad!!

    @m: marauders map suggested it actually, but we had agreed on a compromise anyways. i guess thats what relationships are about, right?? as for my eyes, they are marginally better, thanks :)

    By Blogger Ron, at 9:16 PM  

  • Ron, please don't get me wrong, I am the last person to make fun of physically challenged people considering my state right now :) Sorry if you felt bad.

    By Anonymous bijoyyy, at 10:29 PM  

  • @bijoyyy: arrey...dont take me so seriously...i was kidding. forgot to add the smiley. im the first person to call myself half blind. chill...u know me better than that :)

    By Blogger Ron, at 11:04 PM  

  • hmm i know you didn't mean it. Accha..how is it now? Nahi to naye aankh lagwa loooo :D

    By Anonymous bijoyyy, at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home