Life's Like That

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

cribcribcribcrib

Its raining!! AGAIN!!! Haven't we had enough rain to last a lifetime already?? I'm sick of the rain. Its soo wet..and sooooo cold!! I want it to stop raining. I want it to be bright and sunny and HOT. I hate this cold!

Yes, I am extremely gifted at cribbing and complaining. My one talent. And I'm in the mood to crib and cry some more. Here goes, things that are annoying/disturbing me right now:

  • I fell down on a table yesterday and hurt..umm..my posterior shall we say? It is still hurting. Certain rude, unsympathetic people saw fit to laugh at me (with their equally ill mannered unsympathetic siblings). You know who you are, and let me warn you, you shall suffer for being so cruel.
  • I was prevented from eating popcorn for dinner by the aforementioned cruel unsympathetic people. Again something that they shall suffer for.
  • Did I mention its very cold? I cannot feel my nose and my feet have turned into little blocks of ice. I think I should invest in some socks.
  • I have been working on PR plans for various clients from morning and Im tired of strategy, media plan, target media, suggested activities and the like. And I still have one more plan to complete.
  • Annoying man next to me. Uff!! Ki oshojjo lok re baba!! He has been talking incessant rubbish from morning. Can I just turn around and SLAP him??? Would do everybody concerned a world of good really.
  • My hands are cold too. Why is the AC on full blast??
  • That horrible orange puliogare I had for lunch. Once it went cold it tasted exactly like boiled shoelaces.
  • I want popcorn but all I can get right now is overpriced steamed sweet corn. And that too if I go out, risk my life trying to cross the road and get it myself.
  • I want to buy 8 new books and I have absolutely no money.
  • I have to work on Saturday.
  • I cannot afford to buy a car right now, which means I will continue to be at the mercy of Bangalore auto drivers. Although I did meet a reasonably nice one on Sunday. He informed me that he regarded all his lady passengers with brotherly affection (something he verified by pointing out several signs that read "welcome my sister") and that all he wanted from his passengers ( both male and female as he pointed out) was a nice conversation. We conversed intellegently about the state of Bangalore roads and the uselessness of Dharam Singh. He was kind enough to enquire if I had eaten lunch and dropped me off at my destination with a firm handshake and "Bye bye enjoy your lunch party, I always remember all my passengers". (Slightly alarming isnt it?)

Thats all for now I think. Will start work on the last remaining plan.

PS: quote of the day:

Branch head to annoying man : " I will have to slap you is you don't stop saying such ridiculous things"

hehe..I feel a little better.

18 Comments:

  • but how do you know exactly how boiled shoelaces taste? *scrathces head in astonishment*

    By Blogger the still dancer, at 5:05 AM  

  • Umm...same queation really. how do boiled shoelaces taste? As for crossing roads, ask me. After the sedate roads of Purulia...Kolkata was hell. Even after 5 years here, I spend roughly 15 minutes to cross the road in front of Bengal Lamp stop. And one of our teachers went from Jadavpur to Golpark, over Dhakuria overbridge, because he could not cross. As for being penniless after buying books, it is a way of life with me...hand to mouth and begging money from Ma, Baba and bonu once evry week:D

    By Blogger good morning, midnight, at 5:18 AM  

  • and oh, was trawling through your previous posts, and the purulia post had even this hard boiled cynic almost mysty eyed. By the way, if you are really itching to be part of a bong adda, and have a passing interest in natok, why not be a part of the madness that is forum three. It's a theatre group headed by Ranjon Ghoshal, of mohiner ghoraguli fame- we do english versions of famous bong plays- we're doing banchharam now, but mostly the mareech office (here in jayamahal) and ranjonda and rinkudi's house in dinnur main road (called yellow submarine)is this crazy perpetual adda. drop in sometime. and oh, lots of non-bongs as well, though they get 'initiated' in no time flat, so punjabi BF could also tag along, I'm sure. :D

    By Blogger the still dancer, at 5:28 AM  

  • interesting auto driver...! i can only say beware...
    kaashyapeya - glad to know the good ol bong spirit of creativity is alive and well in bangalore...huge fan of mohiner ghoraguli as well.
    Cheers!

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 9:34 AM  

  • Autodriver seems really suspicious....
    As far as the cultural scene in Bangalore all I can say is wow.....seems like such a happening place.

    By Blogger M (tread softly upon), at 12:49 PM  

  • chooootiyeeeee........

    By Blogger Docs Dope, at 1:44 PM  

  • Yes, the bolied shoelaces part is important... is this what they make you eat when you're on diet? No wonder they say you've lost weight!

    Also, how do you fall down on a table? Oto opore uthe ki korchhili?

    Popcorn beshi khaas na, bejai petbetha korbe.

    By Blogger Deep, at 5:55 PM  

  • The autodriver reminds me of some character an actor I can't place played in a movie I can't really remember. All I can recall is that the overfriendly person end up psyching up all his passengers till he is shot down by the cops.

    By Blogger Soham Pablo, at 7:54 PM  

  • ooooh..soo many comments!!! *beams beatifically*

    @arka: About the boiled shoelaces, yes, well, what I meant to write was "it tasted exactly like what I THINK boiled shoelaces taste like..but was distracted by annoying man and well I wrote something else. Thanks for the Bong adda info. Am quite familiar with Ranjon Ghoshal...he being one time good friend of my parents. But there was some issue and I regret to say he(Ranjon i.e) behaved very badly, and that has put us off a little bit. But...the concept of Bangali adda is rather tempting...lemme think over it :-)
    And aww...thats soo sweet of you to get misty eyed...although that wasnt really the intention :-)

    @gmm : Hope I have answered your shoel;aces query. And just wait till you start working my dear, all those nice kind people who lend you money now will turn into nasty miserly beings and say "But you are earning now, why should we give you any money? You should be giving us money actually" Siiiiigh!!

    @abhishek: very interesting...how does one refuse to shake to hands with someone w/o appearing rude? Very problematic.

    @m: Yes, I didnt really want to shake hands with him, but didnt know how to politely refuse. Little bit scary. And yes, the cultural scene is really quite happening here, if it wasnt for the infrastructure problems, I totally love living here.

    @Ganjakhor Daktar: You are really very predictable you know.Beginning to lose your shock value. I think I shall ignore you from now. Feel free to keep visiting, leave abusive comments if you must, I shall merely ignore you.

    @Deep: Who told you I've lost weight?? I looooovvveee them..Mmmmmuuuaaaah to those kind souls. And aami opore uthi ni, it was the bedside table..I slipped n fell on its edge...ekhono betha korche :-( and yes I did develop a bad tummy ache thanks to all the popcorn.

    @Soham: That is one hell of a scary story! Now I will not be able to travel in autos w/o feeling rather apprehensive :-(

    By Blogger Ron, at 8:52 PM  

  • i tried but i am too depressed to write anything:( *sniff*

    By Anonymous Bijoyyy, at 9:04 PM  

  • @bijoy: aaww. but sweetie, isn't it a good thing to look younger than your years? isnt that what everyone is striving for? you should be happy, you have discovered the elixir of youth :-)

    By Blogger Ron, at 9:49 PM  

  • Where is this angel of mercy, this benevolent auto-wallah? Why doesn't he ever cross my path? All I ever get are pockmarked oldies who crib, crib, crib all the way because I've said "Frazer Town" instead of being specific, like saying "TINY YELLOW HOUSE, OPPOSITE FAB MALL, MOSQUE ROAD, FRAZER TOWN". Don't listen to all these voices of caution, he must have been an angel in disguise.

    By Blogger The Marauder's Map, at 3:51 AM  

  • hmmm..ranjon-da is of course quite a volatile character- have had my fair share of jhogda with him- was supposed to do two roles in 'the other side of history' that they staged some time ago, but fought with him and walked out of the production- he can be really abrasive at times. but oi je bolena, good at heart, I suppose. anyhow, ekhon abaar golay golay bhaab :). Oh, and pity about your not being able to listen to kobita- it's not really a podcast, though- just recorded and uploaded to this site. responding to your comment back on my blog

    By Blogger the still dancer, at 3:56 AM  

  • You are making me long for popcorn now..

    By Blogger Dreamcatcher, at 4:04 AM  

  • I am happy now :) all ye ppl

    By Anonymous bijoyyy with a ponytail, at 4:06 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Ron, at 4:29 AM  

  • @dreamcatcher: go and get some popcorn, you dont have ill mannered people aroudn you who will prevent you from indulging in some nice hot popcorn do u? :-)

    By Blogger Ron, at 4:56 AM  

  • @marauders map: yes he was ok to begin with...i did consider him to be an angel in disguise till he started asking questions about my name where i live where work etc. slightly alarming it was.

    @bijoy: do get rid of your ponytail sweetheart...i REALLY dont like men with ponytails..you are so nice to look at otherwise...why must you ruin it with a ponytail??????? why?? why??

    @arka: he was rather insensitive really..as i said bhebe dekhi. and dont worry about the kobita, will definitely check it out on saturday :D

    By Blogger Ron, at 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home