Life's Like That

Friday, September 23, 2005

Theme for a dream

I have been having the weirdest dreams ever.
Night before last I dreamt that I was sleeping when the door to my bedroom was thrown open and my colleague M and the CEO of our company BK marched right in. I said "Good morning sir" from under my blanket and he smiled at me and perched on my dressing table while M sat on my bed. They then proceeded to have a discussion on a rather problematic client.
I was rather stressed out in my dream because I had not brushed my teeth and BK was having a meeting in my room while I lay there under a blanket. Then he demanded Parsi food for lunch and suddenly I was in Phoenix Mills in Bombay shopping for strange looking T shirts while I waited for them to finish the meeting so that I could join them for the Parsi lunch. And then my friend P who is not remotely connected with my company suddenly joined us for lunch and hugged BK and addressed him by a rather cheeky nickname...and I woke up.
Last night I dreamt that my front tooth was vanishing. Maaen every time I looked in the mirror a part of my front tooth seemed to have disappeared. And there was a vague woman in a bathtub singing loudly. I was very very distressed about my vanishing tooth specially since Im supposed to meet R's folks soon and Im pretty sure they would not like a toothless me. I kept demanding tooth implants but my demands were drowned by the looud singing by bathtub lady.
I woke up half in tears. It was 3 a.m and I switched on the light to check if my teeth were all intact. They were. Thank god.
I wish could say the same of my mental health. What do you think these dreams mean?? I have a history of strange dreams....like the time I dreamt there was a large Royal Bengal Tiger in my living room in a bright blue cage demanding to be fed "kuler aachar" (a very tasty pickle..for the non Bongs) I ran all over town to find Rs.2 worth of kuler aachar and then went back n hand fed the tiger who I remember distinctly, licked his lips and wagged his tail (a confusing point since tigers don't wag their tails..) but that was during Durga Pujo after 5 days of continuous hogging on roadside food. Thats not the case now, I have been eating healthy and noone can say Im having weird dreams because Ive eaten too much...insanity must be the only answer. Ki kando!!!

7 Comments:

  • I think you need a break that will alter your dreams to something more pleasing. How about reading charlie and the chocolate factory before sleeping, then you will have pretty dreams. what say you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

    By Anonymous rahul, at 4:39 AM  

  • Aunty!!!!!!!!!! Its called reaching the edges of ur nerves.Its ok,U'll be fine.Or so they say.And ur dreams? See them in a certian perspective.You are wierd & so your dreams are wierd.Now does that not normalise the scenario?

    By Blogger Seema, at 6:43 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Seema, at 6:43 AM  

  • could it have anything to do with the contents of the last post???
    psychoanalysis reqd. ;-)
    Cheers!

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 2:32 AM  

  • @rahul:buy it for me ;-)

    @seema: thank u..with friends like u, who needs enemies. :-)

    @abhishek: That would explain the vanishing toth, but how abt BK sitting on my dressing table and having a meeting with M??Siiiigh!!

    By Blogger Ron, at 11:31 PM  

  • Why did you delete that post? Please please, I want to read it. Funny dreams syndrome is something I suffer from also, so cannot help with the psycho analysis. But please let me read that comment.

    By Anonymous Archana, at 4:18 AM  

  • @archana: I did not delete that comment. I dono who did..I dono who wrote that comment in the first place..they wrote and then they deleted. Im very curious to read it too.

    By Blogger Ron, at 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home