Life's Like That

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Random ramblings...

My last week at this agency..Saturday is my last day here...and I am dead bored...Don't you just hate the time in between when you are serving your notice period? I am least interested in work, I cannot bring myself to be polite to my more irritatingly dumb clients, and I'm so damn bored.

I know its a good thing for me to be moving on to this new agency..makes sense professionally and financially, but I must say Im a lil sad about leaving this place..Ive had a good time here, I like the people (well...most of them) and I did have a lot of freedom at work. I will have to prove myself all over again..develop working relationships, befriend new people in network offices.....siiighh..I guess its all part of the game!

The good thing is that Im getting 15 whole days off in between the two jobs and Im going to Kolkata for Pujo. Its been YEARS since I went to Cal for Pujo...I go to Cal once a year, but for the last 5 years its been in Jan/Feb..never during Pujo..and Cal during Durga Pujo is a different thing altogether. Also, this is probably the last time that all my old friends will be in Cal at this time and we can go to Maddox Square and Jodhpur Park together. Rosh is getting married in Jan and moving to Bombay, Such and Sudp will get married by next year, Im sure, and probably move off to some other part of the country. So will be great to catch up during Pujo one last time...wish Motheater could make it too.

Most of my pujo memories seem to be centred around the 5 of us...we started going out during pujo together when we were still in school...therefore initially we were allowed to meet up only in the morning..on Shoshti morning...we would do lunch at Peter Cat and then go pandal hopping.This one time, Motheater and I decided that we should walk all the way back from Peter Cat to Ballygunge Circular Road..Sudp Rosh and Such were ready to kill us...Such nonchalantly took off her shoes and walked home barefoot...much to Supd's chagrin. I remember us following soem cute boys all over Ballygunge..or did they folow us? I think it was a little of both. then we moved to college and I moved to Bangalore...I managed to take 10 days off every year for 3 years and be at Cal for Pujo...by then Pujo meant parking ourselves at Maddox Square...with friends other than just the 5 of us..though I think Peter Cat was still an integral part of our plans.

So many memories....wouldnt it be just great if we could go back in time at will and relive some really great times?

I can't wait for the 6th...which is when I leave for Cal..yippeeee!!!

5 Comments:

  • aaarrggghh! i envy u big time! i will be right in the middle of my exams this pujo. might just head out to the local bengali association for anjali. boy will i miss cal. and some of the pandals..maddox, jodhpur park, ballygunge etc. this is the 3rd pujo i'm missing in a row.
    and pls do go to peter cat and have a chelo kebab for me!
    Cheers!

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 6:56 PM  

  • @abhishek: u poor thing...i know how it feels, I havent been to Cal for pujo in 4 years. Ever since I started working, I discovered that Sept/Oct/Nov are the busiest months of the year especialy if you handle FMCG clients. In fact the last 2 years I didnt even have the time to to go the local Bangalorean Durga Pujo....so DEFINITELY looking forward to Cal this year.
    Will remember you when Im pigging out on the chelo kababs....yummmm.

    By Blogger Ron, at 9:42 PM  

  • heyyyyyyyyyyy.... I did miss you guys... though had so much work I hardly noticed it was Pujo! Please blog about what happened!

    By Blogger motheater, at 12:09 AM  

  • Maydum! Pliz update youver space!

    By Anonymous Archana, at 3:37 AM  

  • Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home