Life's Like That

Monday, September 19, 2005

Im Ready....???

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE around me is either getting married or getting engaged. Im not doing either..yet. But the day is drawing near and I don't know how to react.
I have fought about this, we have discussed this, I have thrown tantrums and every time I have stated in no uncertain terms that "Im READY", "I WANT THIS" and accused him of being commitment phobic and threatened to leave him. Well he is finally over his commitment phobia...he has told his parents, they are ok with it, my parents are ok with it. He wants me to meet his folks next month....early next month.
And Im getting cold feet at the thought. Im scared to death. Im scared they won't like me, Im scared of the HUGE responsibility this is, Im scared that we might not be financially settled, and worst of all I'm terrified I will be a TERRIBLE failure at marriage..at being a homemaker. Im scared all my mothers predictions about there being nothing to eat at my house and the house being a mess will come true..Im scared R will be uncomfortable and disappointed in me.
I know this is probably too early for me to start freaking out like this...that all Ive been asked to do is meet the parents of the man I love...but I am the hyper kinds...what to do.
Its so unfair that all this time when all I could think about was getting married he should have been so commitment phobic and the moment he is all ready to do whatever I have been demanding all this time, I should develop this sudden fear of marriage!!! But I am s******g bricks here and there is nothing I can do to undo the developments now!! :-(

8 Comments:

  • Hmmmmmmmmmmm.Hope u know why I'm hmmming.>:D<

    By Blogger Seema, at 12:12 PM  

  • Ron!

    Don't get me started on this now. Besh hoecche. Eto laphalaphi, ebar shamlao.

    By Anonymous Deep, at 9:45 PM  

  • @seema..yes i do!!!!

    @deep: Oh shut up!!! speak for urself :-)

    By Blogger Ron, at 10:24 PM  

  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa not you too!!! I'm going to drown myself in alcoholic unmarriedness :-)

    By Blogger motheater, at 1:34 AM  

  • Haha, kinda tragicomic. Happens to the best of us. Evryone and I mean everyone goes through this, guys especially. kind of reassuring that women aren't immune. Trick is to hurtle forward..things'll take care of themselves.
    Cheers!
    Abhishek

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 2:54 AM  

  • @motheater: yes me too!!!! Bhaabte paarchish?? I cannot begin to imagine this wedding...and now its too bloody late to stop things or hold back. Jodio, one reassuring thing we have managed to ensure..it won't happen before 2007 beginning.

    But that still gives me 1.5 years of saying "peri pena chachiji"and "pai lagu dadiji"(or however Punjus address elders in the family) and generally trying to incorporate dysfunctional me in a VERY close knit Punju family!!!!!!!

    I like the sound of alcoholic unmarriedness..can I go back in time and stop the marriage wheels from churning???

    @ abhishek: aaaaaallll of us go through these fears...not just guys. I have no choice but to let things take care of themselves. siiigggh!!

    By Blogger Ron, at 3:14 AM  

  • Well all this is Greek for me.. Anyways... waiting for the post marriage blog

    By Anonymous Satchit, at 4:30 AM  

  • Go hang urself... after all tht fights u had, how can u not be ready... bolechhilam na u r a naka antel

    By Blogger cyberoam, at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home