Life's Like That

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Malleshwaram?? Mumbai? Mongolia? Moooon?? Where is it that you will go???????????

This city has to have the worst public transport system in all of India. Buses are few and far between and everything is written in kananda...hence indecipherable for people like me..n the autos never seem to want to go ANYWHERE!!!


Had walk home the other day in the pouring rain because none of the empty autos around wanted to go to richmond road (from office in Ulsoor)..don't ask me where they wanted to go..after they said no to Richmond Road and Residency Road I tried Malleshwaram,Rajajinagar,station,airport,Singapore,moon (I was getting that desperate)....nothing worked..they said no to everything I said!!!!!!


I tried offering double the meter..they still said no! Another intersting thing Ive noticed, the guys with autos parked in the auto stands never want to go anywhere...they will push each other giggle n pass comments..n thats about it. if you want to take an auto in Bangalore its better to try your luck with one thats idly cruising by rather than try an auto stand.


So seriously what is it that these guys want?? Why do they just want to sit in their autos all day and go nowhere?? Don't they need to earn?Any answers anyone????

4 Comments:

  • Lol, yeah, I know! I once agreed to hire an auto in Bangalore (again when I was trying to get get home in the pouring rain) for double the meter. Once we were almost home I stopped him near the traffic police chowk and told the cop that he was demanding extra money. The cop almost trashed him, and I got away with paying just the meter fare. But off course I was cursed like mad.
    Remember Ron, there used to be this joke in the office that I treat the autowalas so badly that the minute I step out of my house they all go scurrying in different directions, trying to run away from me!

    By Anonymous Archana, at 8:50 AM  

  • U r talking about Ulsoor to Richmond Road... I do not get auto from CMH Road to Ulsoor. Reason being, its not profitable enoug to go short distance but its profitable to go vacant instead...ki budhhi.

    Bolechhilaam na, after down hyd u need a passport to get here, its a dfrnt country

    By Blogger cyberoam, at 12:35 AM  

  • You must realise that irrespective of however hard they earn they will still be sturggling to meet ends. Thats why unlike our fellow mumbai taxi guys they are quite contended in just making enough money to pay the day's rent, dole out some money for the family and the irresistible quarter of what ever liquor they drink. They are people with limited vision who dont look beyond their immediate needs. What will you expect from them. Gratitude, sympathy in times of catastrophe. I think there either has to be a system put in place by the govt to regulate these people or vola!!!! desperate times call for desperate measures, just wait till the metro starts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 AM  

  • I was standing on Wheeler Road once with my uncle trying for almost half an hour to get an auto. My uncle was like 'Dickenson road jaoge ?' 'nahi...'
    'Dickenson road jaoge ? ' 'nahi....'

    Finally he asked an auto driver 'Dickenson Road ?'
    'nahi'..
    'theek hai, Malleshwaram ?'
    auto driver - 'haan jaoonga'.
    My uncle - 'To fir jao na'.

    By Blogger Soham Pablo, at 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home